The yellow EZ Pads are made of super absorbent, heavy duty, commercial grade, “everlasting” nonwoven 100% rayon. I tried over 30 types of materials until I was happy with this thick yellow rayon. The ultra thin rayon fibers – which create a sponge like fabric – are made from wood pulp – a resource that’s renewable and sustainable. This material absorbs about 4-5 times more liquid into tiny air pockets than cotton of equal weight – thus the pads behave more like a sponge. This material keeps absorbing water it touches until it is completely saturated, it’s like having a thin flat wetvac.
Initially I sold only the very simple yellow EZ Pads - pads cut off the roll of thick, yellow rayon. The material is REVERSIBLE, attaches to velcro hook surfaces, and both sides can be used for sweeping, dusting, mopping and general cleaning. After receiving great feedback I applied for a provisional utility patent to expand the options to create even better pads with various new benefits by using additional layers and/or surface treatments. The pads are basically the same for all mops and sweepers – only their size & shape and the way they attach to various sweepers and mops are different.
So please check the selection of patent pending pads and accessories for these great sweepers and mops:
While I am getting this Blog and Shop ready here are some tips on how to use and care for the EZ Pads currently sold only on eBay and amazon.
GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR WASHABLE EZ PADS
Please PREWASH the yellow EZ Pads
The pads are stiff and don’t work well until after an initial wash & dry cycle. They shrink a bit. If you want to snip off the corners or change the size or shape in any way do so ONLY AFTER a couple of initial wash cycles to complete normal shrinkage.
- Pads are almost dry out of the washer and you will find them clinging to the washer walls.
- I recommend to dry them in the dryer for general use. They stick better to velcro when soft and fluffy, and they also pick up dust and litter only if machine dried.
- If you let them air dry, they will be fairly stiff again when dry. This may be useful for some applications.
- Avoid using water softeners and cling-free dryer sheets because these may reduce water absorption and dusting ability.
- Avoid washing and drying together with items that have long hair or fibers. Some of that may cling to the pads. But in general the pads DO NOT CLING to your other laundry – unlike microfiber products which cling to everything.
- You can use a bleach cleaning solution to sanitize your flooring. Also the EZ Pads are bleach friendly during laundry – use 1.5 oz bleach along with 1.5 oz of detergent.
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM YOUR YELLOW EZ PADS
These links open in a new tab/window:
I welcome custom orders and resale orders!
My products sell well and generate 100% profit for fundraising when ordered in large quantity (minimum order a case of 20 3-packs). Return rate with the 30-day satisfaction guarantee has been consistently less then 0.05% after selling more than 9000 pads, both locally and online.
Please use the CONTACT US form or cal 520-825-7805 for order inquiries or any product questions.
The EZ Pads are excellent for
- dry sweeping AND
- dusting AND
- mopping AND
- general cleaning
They are reversible and almost indestructible. They last for 100 to 300 wash cycles depending on how rough your flooring surface is and how they are washed.
If you use the pads for sweeping the floor prior to mopping, then “stuff” (dust bunnies, litter & hair) clings to the dry pads. The stuff has to be removed from the pads before washing. No matter what kind of washable pads/refills you find, you want to remove the “stuff” before tossing into you washer with your other laundry. See washing instructions at the end of the page.
WHY DO THE PADS WORK SO WELL?
The material is pretty amazing
- almost dry out of the washer
- quick to air dry, even in a clump
- lasts a long time
- leaves no lint
- does not snag or tear
- can be cut to any size or shape
- no threads or seams to unravel
- “vacuums” dirty water into tiny air pockets
- “vacuums” up liquids much faster than cotton fibers
- 4 times more absorbent than cotton of equal weight
- easy to rinse and hand wash
- resists odors
- absorbs water even faster when moist
- literally “vacuums” water from the bottom of a cup
- one of the best and softest materials to dry almost anything